Amber L. Ladner is a native of Birmingham Alabama. She was admitted to the Alabama State Bar after receiving her law degree in 2003 from Birmingham School of Law. After graduation, Ms. Ladner established a law practice in Birmingham, Alabama, focusing on criminal law. During her 15 year legal career she has helped countless clients in State and Federal Courts throughout Alabama. She is presently the managing partner of Bradford Ladner LLP.
Ladner is Experienced and Qualified
- Upon the request of local criminal court judges, Ladner frequently sits as a special judge in Jefferson County District Criminal Court.
- She is a Municipal Judge for City of Adamsville
- Ladner has served as Appeals Prosecutor for City of Kimberly for past 12 years
- She has 15 years as a trial lawyer criminal justice
- She tries cases in State Courts throughout Alabama, as well as in United States Federal District Courts
- Ladner has argued appeals in Alabama Court of Criminal Appeals, the Alabama Supreme Court, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- She is a 2006 Graduate of the National Criminal Defense College 2006
- Ladner served as Criminal Procedure Professor at Birmingham School of Law
Ladner has been honored both personally and professionally.
- She has been recognized by her peers for her outstanding legal work by being selected as a SUPERLAWYER in Alabama for the past four consecutive years.
- Ladner was selected to appear in B-Metro’s Power of Women 2016.
- She received the Merit Award in 2010 from the Alabama Criminal Defense Lawyers Association based on her outstanding work in a criminal matter.
- She also received the President’s Award from the Alabama Criminal Defense Lawyers Association in 2008 and again in 2010.
- Ladner is a past president of the Alabama Criminal Defense Lawyer’s Association (2013-2014)
- She is a past president of the Greater Birmingham Criminal Defense Lawyers Association.
- Ladner is a member of the Alabama State Bar, The Birmingham Bar Association, The Alabama Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, and the Greater Birmingham Criminal Defense Lawyers Association.
Ladner is active in the Community
- Ladner has been a Girl Scout Troop Leader for over 13 years for two Troops
- She served on the Board of “Just the Right Time” women’s shelter
- She served as President of Saint Francis Xavier PTA
- Ladner is a Member of Saint Francis Xavier Catholic Church
- She has been a Sunday School Teacher for over a decade
- She served as Board Member of Trussville Girls Softball Assn.
- Ladner served as Chairperson of the Historical Committee for Crestwood North
- Ladner represented Girl Scout Supporters pro bono in a lawsuit to save Camp Coleman from closure and sale
Ladner received her J.D. degree from Birmingham School of Law. She has a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology and Social Science from William Carey College. She lives in the Crestwood Community of Birmingham, and is the mother of two girls, Catherine (17) and Sarah Belle (10). She is married to her law partner, William K. “Chip” Bradford. They practice together as Bradford Ladner LLP.